The Member Companies of the Famicord Group attach particular importance to respecting the privacy of the personal data processed within our business operations. We ensure the security of your data by using appropriate technological solutions. By reviewing this document, you will learn how we use and process your personal data for the purposes of our business, and we also present you with important information about cookies and other similar technologies which we use.
All personal data is collected, transmitted and stored in accordance with the laws generally applicable in Poland, or with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (the “GDPR”). Providing us with your data is not compulsory, but may be necessary in order to use the website or the services offered by the Famicord Group.
The controller of the data provided while using the website is Polski Bank Komórek Macierzystych S.A. (the Polish Stem Cell Bank Inc.; address: Al. Jana Pawła II 29, 00-867 Warsaw). The data controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer who you can contact by e-email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose and legal basis for processing data
We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to present you with our services provided by different companies, with your consent – Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR; i.e. to send you e-mails or to contact you by phone (depending on the contact details provided) in order to present you with the best offers, taking your place of residence into account;
- the conclusion and performance of an agreement – Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, i.e. to prepare a draft contract and to perform a contract;
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests – Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, i.e. to pursue claims, detect frauds, and for direct marketing of our products and those of third-parties; on this basis we will also share your data with other companies from the Famicord Group in order to prepare offers of services provided by the group company operating in your country of residence;
- compliance with our legal obligations – Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR, e.g. for the preparation of financial and tax settlements, or in order to fulfil our obligations as a healthcare provider.
Where the legal basis for our processing of your data is your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of data that took place before your consent was withdrawn. In order to withdraw your consent, please send the relevant information to: email@example.com, or send a statement to that effect to the address of the data controller, listed above.
The recipients of your personal data may be entities working with the data controller, such as law firms, as well as entities processing data on our behalf (e.g. with regards to IT support services, operational support, and marketing and analytical services, including preference polls). Other member companies of the Famicord Group will also be recipients of your data.
Term of processing
Depending on the purposes and basis for processing your data, we will store your data for the periods indicated below:
* in order to execute a contract – for so long as you remain a party to the relevant contract;
* for direct marketing purposes, based on your consent – until you withdraw your consent;
* in order to exercise or defend legal claims – until the claim limitation period has expired, or until an effective objection to the processing of the data has been lodged;
* for compliance with legal obligations – to the extent, and for the period, required and permitted by applicable laws.
Rights of a data subject
You have the following rights in relation to our processing of your personal data:
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (where consent is the legal basis for the processing);
- the right to access your data;
- the right to rectify your personal data – you can update the personal data which your have provided us;
- the right to object to the processing of your data;
- the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal data;
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for data protection.
Processing data while using the website
The Famicord.eu web service processes personal data in material compliance with all current regulations.
Our service uses Google analytics in order to evaluate the effectiveness of our actions and our advertising campaigns. In order to do so, we use cookie files, which are placed on a user’s computer after they clicking or view an ad. These files do not contain any personal data or contact information. More detailed information regarding the methods by which information gathered by Google using cookie files is used, is available at the Google Privacy Centre.
A user may opt out of the tracking of this information by blocking (or turning off) cookie files in the user’s computer’s settings. However, turning off cookie files can impact the accuracy and/or quality of some Internet services, and in particular, some Internet services may stop working properly, which is why we do not recommend that users turn off cookie files. In order to turn off cookie files anyway, the user’s browser settings must be changed so that the browser stops accepting these files, or notifies the user of their being sent.
Third parties (external providers), including Google, may display advertisements published by Internet portals that provide advertising space. These providers, including Google, may use cookie files in order to display advertisements based on a given user’s previous visits to the www.famicord.eu website, or other sites connected to the Adequate network. Users can turn this option off and block these Google cookie files through the Google Privacy Centre.
We would like to remind and assure everyone who provided us with their personal data and/or contact information that you can unsubscribe from any future commercial communications, be it by e-mail, telephone or messages sent though other direct communication channels, which we use to provide you with commercial information for marketing purposes, or to present you with our current offers, or with market and customer satisfaction surveys. If a message you have received from us does not contain information on how to unsubscribe from such messages, or a request to cancel a subscription proves ineffective if for any reason, please contact us directly by e-mail, stating the address for direct communication which you would like us to stop using in order to send you commercial information, the personal data and the contact information they relate to, as well as any other relevant circumstances. We will do everything in our power to carry out such requests without delay. We reserve the right to verify if the request originated with the person whose data such a request refers to before making the appropriate changes to our databases, by sending a confirmation message or requesting that such person confirms the request by telephone.